Clayton Hotel Sligo are thrilled to announce the launch of their new Sensory Room located in the Kids Club area at Club Vitae Leisure club.
Club Vitae Manager Niall Walsh quoted “we are delighted to be the first hotel in Ireland with a Sensory Room. We always endeavor to offer the best facilities and service to our guests so by launching our new Sensory Room we hope to cater for children and adults with special needs in a safe and comfortable environment”
Multi-Sensory Environments are used as a form of therapy and they assist with the development of social skills in children and adults with special needs. This room offers children a calm environment away from the busy lifestyle of the hotel. The Sensory Room at Clayton Hotel Sligo gives children and their families an area to enjoy and feel safe in. The room is open 7 days per week to Hotel guests and Club Vitae Members.
The Sensory room is specially designed for children with additional needs.
The sensory rooms provide a positive effect on the 5 senses:
- Smell– The room contains different smells
- Sight – The room is very colourful and contains moving lights, lava lamps & paintings.
- Touch– The room contains a range of fabrics and soft toys for touch as well as different textures and sensory boards for touch. The Sensory Room also contains a ball pool with over 1,000 colourful soft balls.
- Sound– Calming music is played in the background at all times
- Movement – The room contains a number of objects which move and react to touch including plasma ball.